TechniTrader Credentials – Martha Stokes CMT
Martha Stokes CMT is a retired professional Buy-Side Analyst. She started her first business at the age of 9, has sat on both sides of the Venture Capital table, worked on an IPO, and has taught at several community colleges. She is a highly sought-after speaker who fills the room to over capacity with her dynamic teaching style that engages the audience. She has created new analyses including: Relational Analysis, Market Condition Analysis using Quantitative Theories, and Spatial Pattern Recognition.
Martha’s focus for long-term investments is emerging displacement technologies that will have a significant impact on society, the economy, and the stock market.
She is a member of the Market Technicians Association, and earned the Chartered Market Technician designation with her thesis “Cycle Evolution Theory.” She is a prolific author, having created over 40 stock, option, and financial market courses.
Howard Johnson is a retired Senior Trading Manager for a small closed fund. During his years as a professional trader, he developed proprietary trade order systems, trade risk calculators, and trading plan calculators, which he generously shares with our students. Howard has toured the US and Canada as a popular speaker and educator. His expertise is trade management, risk management, and a proprietary order entry and exit process that he developed during his professional trading career, which is similar to the order systems used by Dark Pools.
His diverse background includes CEO of three companies, software developer, production engineering, video production, audio engineering, and electronics engineering.
He was an avid professional day and option trader before retirement. He started investing while in college. Howard’s passion for teaching and his careful attention to details makes him a favorite among our students.
What is a Chartered Market Technician?
A Chartered Market Technician is a professional certification for professional technical analysts administered by the Market Technicians Association.
It is the ONLY certification for technical analysts approved and recognized by the SEC, NYSE, and NASDAQ.
Martha Stokes was awarded her CMT after dedicating five years of extensive research and analysis in writing her doctorial equivalent Thesis: “Cycle Evolution Theory: How to Identify Evolutionary Abnormal Cycle Patterns using Technical Analysis”
Martha’s thesis consists of 92 charts with 100 written pages on cycle evolution theory. This was a landmark thesis that totally changed the way cycle theorists and technical analysts understood & approached cycle theory analysis.
Her concepts continue to revolutionize our understanding of cycles and their function in the economy and the stock market.
Since the inception of the Market Technicians Association in 1973 to the date of this writing, less than 1162 as of January 2016 people worldwide have passed the examinations required to earn the C.M.T. certification.
Why is this important to you?
Each professional field has an accreditation committee that regulates and tests individuals to make certain that they have an extensive body of knowledge and expertise in their field. This certification by testing and thesis writing differentiates these professionals from all others working in their field of expertise.
When you work with a professional who has earned the highest achievement and credentials in their industry, you know you are working with a dedicated, experienced expert in that field.
The Market Technicians Association (recognized by the Securities Exchange Commission, the NYSE, and NASDAQ) C.M.T. qualification testing program involves a rigorous process of testing and peer evaluation that is designed and administered by specialists in the field of Technical Analysis, along with passing the Level One written test, then passing the Level 2 written test, and then finally a thesis submittal that must enhance the body of knowledge of technical analysis.
The thesis must be reviewed and accepted unanimously by the MTA Accreditation Committee.
This means you are getting the most professional education available from a professional with credentials that are approved by the SEC, NASDAQ, and NYSE.
Body of Work – Martha Stokes CMT
Technical Books and Educational Textbooks by Martha Stokes, CMT
Cycle Evolution Theory: How To Identify Evolutionary Abnormal Cycle Patterns Using Technical Analysis. 2006. New York, NY: Market Technicians Association & Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
Martha’s theory on Cycle Evolution is a significant work that revolutionized how cycle analysis is used, interpreted, and applied to modern economics, the stock market, and trading. The theory went beyond the traditional scope of cycle analysis by identifying cycle patterns within cycles. This book includes key methods for identifying 5 major deviation patterns when an abnormal stock market or economic cycle is about to occur, rather than after it has occurred. The five most common major disruptive cycle patterns are identified and explained with more than a century of supporting data and 96 charts documenting cycle deviation patterns.
“All cycles are impacted by evolutionary pressures and disruptive forces caused by the evolution of society, economics, environment, and new technology. Evolution of cycles cause major deviations, abnormal cycle duration or compression, and the increase of co-movement of certain cyclical patterns. These major deviations and abnormal cycle patterns severely impair cycle analysts ability to use cycles as they were intended: to aid in anticipating the future direction of the trend of the stock market and economy.
It is therefore necessary for cycle theory to develop a method of recognizing when a cycle has commenced an evolutionary deviation from its normal pattern. By being able to identify technical patterns that indicate a disruptive force is impacting a cycle before, rather than after it has occurred will alert cycle analysts to prepare for an abnormal cycle pattern and adjust their expectations for the cycle accordingly.” –Martha Stokes, CMTRead More
Martha Stokes, CMT Speaking Engagements
• World MoneyShow®, Vancouver B.C.
• AAII Chapters
• Investools® Chapters
• Worden® Charting Software Seminars and webinars
• MetaStock® Users Group Conference and webinars
• Various Investment Clubs in the US and Canada
• Decisions Unlimited, Inc Workshops, Retreats, and Webinars
TechniTrader® Stock Market Courses by Martha Stokes, CMT
• How to Invest for Consistent Success 1999-2009 (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• TechniTrader® Methodology Course 2003-2009 (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• Introduction to Stock Investing and Trading 2007-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• Selling Short Elective Course 2008-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• Position Trading Elective Course 2005-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Definitive Guide to Stock Indictors TechniTrader® Master Series, 2006-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Definitive Guide to Entry and Exit Signals TechniTrader® Master Series, 2006-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Definitive Guide to Market Condition Analysis TechniTrader® Master Series, 2007-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Tactical Approach to Options Trading 2008-2009 (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Definitive Guide to Technical Analysis for Stocks and Options 2008-2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Implementation of the Tactical Approach to Options Trading 2009 (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• Case Study: Analysis of the Solar Energy Industry 2009, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Leavenworth Washington 2000 Retreat featuring Selling Short (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Cannon Beach Oregon 2001 Retreat featuring Trend Analysis (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Gig Harbor Washington 2002 Retreat featuring Indicator Analysis (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Gig Harbor Washington 2003 Retreat featuring Chart Analysis (co-authored with Howard Johnson, COO of TechniTrader®) Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Definitive Guide to the Cloud Industry 2011, Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
• The Putting it All Together Retreat 2010,Decisions Unlimited, Inc.
TechniTrader® Lab Classes by Martha Stokes, CMT
Lab Classes are written semester courses taught online. These Classes are 4-8 weeks in duration with complete written materials, diagrams, and charts explaining a specific stock market subject in great detail.
• “The 8 Levels Of Market Participants” 2005-2009
• “A Walk Around The Stock Market” 2006-2009
• “The New Technology Product Cycle” 2007-2009
• “The New Technology Stock Cycle” 2007-2009
• “Trendline Analysis Featuring Angle Of Ascent” 2008-2009
• “Vertical Rotational Retirement Investing” 2008-2009
• “The Psychology behind Support And Resistance” 2007-2009
• “Disciplined Investing And Trading” 2006-2009
• “Exchange Traded Fund Investing” 2009
• “Understanding Inflation, Deflation, Disinflation, And How Each Affects The Stock Market” 2008-2009
• “Understanding Sector And Industry Cycle Rotation” 2008-2009
• “Understanding The Inter-relationship Between Financial Markets” 2008-2009
• “An Introduction To Market Condition Analysis” 2007
• “Time Segmented Volume” 2011
• “Bollinger Bands” 2011
• “Balance Of Power” 2012
Published Articles by Martha Stokes, CMT
• “Tools of the Trade” Volume 24, October 2006, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Trading Systems Defined” Volume 25, January 2007, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Why Position Trade” Volume 25, Number 2, February 2007, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “What’s Your Trading Style” Bonus Issue 2007, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “The Missing Cycle” Volume 25, Number 5, April 2007, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Forward Testing” Volume 26, Number 1, January 2008, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Angle of Ascent” Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Let the Indicator Fit the Market” Volume 25 Number 12, November 2007, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Robotic Trading” Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “The Missing Link Options” May 2008, Volume 26 Number 6, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “The Purity of Price” 2007 The Market Technicians Association Newsletter
• “Do You Want To Trade Today?” August 5, 2010 Working-Money.com
• “Using Cycle Deviations” January 31, 2011 Working-Money.com
• “More Power to the Subordinates” July 2011 Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
• “Riding the Velocity Express” May 2012, Volume 30 Number 6 Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities
New Technology, Annual, and Special Edition Reports by Martha Stokes, CMT
• The Nanotechnology Industry Report, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
• The Fuel Cell Industry Report, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
• Alternative Green Energy Report, 2008-2009
• Industry And Sector Analysis Annual Report, 2000-2009, 2010, 2011
• Special Edition: Financial Market Crisis Report, 2008
• Special Edition: Google IPO And The Dutch Auction Report June, 2004
• Biotechnology Report, 2004, 2005
• Special Edition: Blu-Ray or HD-DVD – Who Will Win The High Definition War? April 2005
• The Annual Review Of The Consumer Electronics Show 2004,2005,2006, 2007
• Special Edition: The U.S. Federal Reserve Bank System – How it Works 2009
• Special Edition: Annual Symposium Report – Market Structure For Investors And Traders, 2011
• Cloud Industry Report, 2010, 2011, 2012
• Annual Market Structure Report For Investors And Traders, 2012
Martha Stokes, CMT is a prolific writer whose email subscription Newsletter Publications reach over 80,000 readers every week.
TechniTrader® Newsletter Publications:
• The Daily Market Educator 2000-current, written by Martha Stokes, CMT and published each day after market close. This educational Newsletter Publication is written for active traders using technical analysis, risk analysis, and fundamental analysis.
• The Position Trader Weekly 2005-current, written or over seen by Martha Stokes, CMT and published once a week. This educational Newsletter Publication available as an email, is written for position traders using technical, risk, and fundamental analysis.
• The Long Term Portfolio Discussion 2000-current, written by Martha Stokes, CMT and published once a week. This educational Newsletter Publication available as an email, discusses new technology coming to market using technical and fundamental research on the long term scale.
• Talking Frankly Series 2000-current, written by Martha Stokes, CMT as a weekly community service Newsletter Publication. This series covers a wide range of topics pertinent to new investors as well as experienced and professional investors and traders.
• The Profit Hunter 2004-current, written by Martha Stokes, CMT as a weekly trading newsletter for active traders which covers a wide range of topics for short term traders.
Investor & Trader Resources and White Papers by Martha Stokes, CMT 2000-current
• Setting Up Your Indicator Tool Kit
• How To Improve Any Strategy
• De-Mystifying The Stock Market
• Understanding Money Flow In And Out Of A Stock
• Kids And The Stock Market
• The 4 Elements Of Professional Trading
• Stop Losses And How to Use Them Correctly
• Understanding The Balance Between Buyers And Sellers
• Understanding The Short Side Of The Stock Market
• Understanding Resistance In A Momentum Market
• The Difference Between Volatility And Velocity Price Action
• How To Use A Trading Simulator Properly
• What Is Your Risk Tolerance?
• How to Trade Under $5.00 Stocks
• What Is Angle Of Ascent And Why is it Important
• What Is An Indicator And How To Use Them
• How To Use Hybrid Indicators To Lead Price
• Market Condition Explained
• Overbought And Oversold Conditions Explained
• Identifying Trendline Patterns
• Pre-Market Futures And Fair Value
• Understanding The Relationship Between Buyers And Sellers
• What Is Quiet Accumulation?
• Principles Of Contrarian Trading
• Checklist For Traders Daily Routine
• Emotional Versus Logical Trading
• How To Trade Low Priced Stocks
• Analyzing Picks When Things Go Wrong
• Getting Rid Of Bad Habits
• Finding Stocks To Trade
• Becoming The Trader You Want To Be
• Elliot Wave Theory Explained
• The Institutional Investor Versus The Institutional Trader
• Mergers, Buyouts, And Acquisitions
• Secondary And Shelf Offerings
• Rolling Stock Strategy
• Secondary Offerings Strategy
• Sector Strategy
• Cyclical Stock Strategy
• Earnings Strategy
• Momentum Strategy
• Splits Strategy
• Topping Stocks Strategy
• How To Develop A Watchlist
• Rules For Exiting A Swing Trade
• Understanding How To Use Average Directional Index
• How And When To Use Bollinger Bands
• Indicators For A Momentum Market
• Indicators For A Sideways Market
• Indicators For Selling Short
• How And When To Use On Balance Volume
• The Difference Between Overextended And Overbought/Oversold Indicators
• The Sub-indicator Rate Of Change
• Understanding Relative Strength Index
• Volatility Versus Velocity
• Understanding Volume And Its Derivatives
• Determining Market Breadth
• What Is A Divergence?
• Insider Buying And Selling As An Indicator
• Understanding How To Use Chart Scaling Properly
• Why You Should Use A Trading Journal
• Your Risk Tolerance And How It Impacts Your Profits
• How To Properly Pro-Rate Your Capital
• The Proper Risk To Reward Ratio
• Understanding Market Corrections
• Understanding Market Direction
• The Friday Whipsaw
• Triangles And How To Use This Technical Pattern
• Delisted Stocks What That Means
• Fair Market Value For Futures
• How To Find Strong Sectors
• Listed Stocks Versus OTCBB Stocks
• The New York Stock Exchange
• The Market Makers Role
• Support And Resistance
• Consolidation Patterns
• Rounding Tops Versus Peaks And Valleys
• Run Point Analysis
• What Is An ETF?
• What Stocks Do Well In A Weak Economy
• Earnings Season
• Interest Rates And The Stock Market
• The Most Important Stock Indicator For Options Traders
• The New Fundamentals
• The Options Guide
• So You Want To Trade Options
• How Not To Lose Money In The Stock Market
• How To Select A Trading System That Is Right For You
Web Videos and Web Lessons by Martha Stokes, CMT 2003-current
• Protecting Your Money
• How To Buy A Stock
• How To Trade For Monthly Income
• Ways To Improve Your Trading Strategies
• How To Sell Short
• MACD Explained
• Stochastic Explained
• A Unique Approach To Time Segmented Volume
• An Introduction To Stock Charts
• Using The Right Indicator For The Current Market Condition
• How To Improve Your Trading Results
• Introduction To TechniTrader® Methodology
• Putting It All Together
• Introduction To Professional Candlestick Analysis
• Introduction To Professional Indicator Analysis
• Introduction To Market Condition Analysis
• Introduction To The Vertical Rotational Investing Method
• How To Get The Most Benefit From Stock Charts
• Understanding Support And Resistance